About ARLAS Exploration
Built with :
- Dropwizard - The REST framework
- Maven - Dependency Management
- Elasticsearch - A distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine
- Angular - The web framework
- D3js - Chart library
- NPM - The package manager
- mapbox - The Map Engine
Contributing to ARLAS Exploration
ARLAS Exploration is an open source project and there are many ways to contribute.
If you think you have found a bug in ARLAS-server, first make sure that it has not been already addressed in our issues lists (e.g. server).
If not, provide as much information as you can to help us reproduce your bug :
- ARLAS-server version and configuration file used
- Elasticsearch version used
- requests and data payloads to reproduce the bug
- ARLAS-wui version and configuration file used
- Angular version used
- Browser version
Keep in mind that we will fix your problem faster if we can easily reproduce it.
If you think ARLAS Exploration lacks a feature, do not hesitate to open an issue on our issues lists on GitHub. Describe what you need, why you need it, and how it should work.
Code contribution and documentation changes
If you want to submit a bugfix or a feature implementation, first find or open an issue about it on our issues lists.
ARLAS-server runs with JDK8 and is built/packaged with maven 3. Codebase follows IntelliJ default formatting rules.
ARLAS-wui runs with Angular and is built/packaged with yarn.
Fork and clone the repository
You will need to fork the main ARLAS-server repository and clone it to your local machine. See github help page for help.
Submitting your changes
When your code is ready, you will have to :
- rebase your repository.
- run ./scripts/test-integration.sh which should exit with a
- update documentation in
docs/and tests in
- submit a pull request with a proper title and a mention to the corresponding issue (eg "fix #1234").
- never force push your branch after submitting, if you need to sync with official repository, you should better merge master into your branch.
We use our own versioning schema which looks like
1.5.6 where :
2: represents ARLAS-server API version
6: represents Elasticsearch compliance (see below for value correspondence)
0: represents ARLAS-server incremental version
For Elasticsearch compliance, values currently supported are :
6: indicates that this version is compliant with Elasticsearch 6.x
For the versions available, see the releases on this repository.
This project has been initiated and is maintained by Gisaïa.
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
Special thnaks to the Gisaïa Team